Workplace: Medical Review Officer
CDT’s Medical Review Officers Ensure the Integrity of Drug Test Results
CDT’s MRO’s are experienced in the field of substance abuse recognition and rehabilitation in accordance with Federal Regulation as specified by the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and the Department of Transportation (DOT). CDT’s certified MRO’s act as independent and impartial "gatekeepers" and advocate for the accuracy and integrity of the drug testing process. They provide quality assurance review of the drug testing process for the specimens under their purview, determine if there is a legitimate medical explanation for laboratory confirmed positive, adulterated, substituted and invalid drug test results, ensure the timely flow of test result and other information to employers and protect the confidentiality of the drug testing information. All CDT MRO’s are certified by the American Association of Medical Review Officer’s (AAMRO).
MRO services include:
- MRO fulfills Federal DOT rules revision of 49 CFR Part 40
- MRO directly receives all test results electronically from our SAMHSA certified laboratories on a daily basis
- MRO verifies matching ID numbers and authenticity with the specimen
- MRO reviews and interprets results and considers alternative medical explanations of drug test results
- MRO contacts and interviews donors who receive non-negative laboratory results
- After test results are verified, they are reported back to the client via fax, email, website or interactive voice response system.
- MROs are available to provide expert testimony services
CDT offers the following when using the website:
- Test results are available to the client as soon as they are processed by CDT staff
- Data can be reviewed only by logged-in user
- Instant access to test results are available to the client
- Logging and audit trail of user activity is available for review