Use the CDT Advantage to Develop Your Drug Free Workplace Program
Today, no business, regardless of its size, type, or location, is immune to the myriad of problems that substance abuse can cause. The majority of substance abusers--- 77%---are employed. According to the Substance Abuse Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), about nine in ten employed current illicit drug users and almost nine in ten employed heavy drinkers work for small and medium sized firms.
Research shows that a substance abuser will function at about 67% of his or her capacity. This can lead to very costly consequences for a small business with limited employees to cover for an absent or low performing co-worker, not to mention the impact on workplace morale. Also, smaller businesses are less likely to have programs in place to combat substance abuse, yet they are more likely to be the employer-of-choice for illicit drug users. Individuals who can’t adhere to a drug-free workplace policy seek employment at firms that don’t have one, and the cost of just one error caused by an impaired employee can devastate a small company.
Utilizing cutting edge web-based technology, CDT can help your small business develop everything you need to implement a Drug Free Workplace Program (DFWP). CDT complies with the DFWP Act of 1998 and follows the protocol as outlined by the Small Business Administration. Everything a small company needs to become a Drug-Free Workplace is made available to you in a turnkey system, including:
- Written Drug-Free Workplace policy: customized for your company
- Education: drug and alcohol use prevention training; on-site or on the web
- Testing: illegal drug and alcohol testing; provided in a convenient affordable structure
- Employee Assistance Program: EAP made available to every employer
- Continuing education: for drug and alcohol abuse prevention; annual renewal
- Expert partner: in the DFWP industry; over 12 years serving the drug testing industry