A Drug Free School Zone and Workplace Go Hand in Hand
Many states have enacted legislation mandating Drug Free School Zones, areas in and around schools where the sale of controlled substances is prohibited. This is only one way to protect students from the impact of substance abuse. Since school faculty and staff influence students by their example on a ongoing basis, schools should seriously consider implementing a Drug Free Workplace policy that forbids employees from coming to work under the influence of alcohol or illegal controlled substances.
CDT has been administering Drug Free Workplace Programs in school districts for more than 20 years. We understand the valid concerns of faculty and staff regarding the confidentiality of test results and the impact of false positives on tenure and retirement. You will also learn how the Drug Free Workplace Act of 1988 protects the prescription privacy of your employees.
CDT’s customized Drug Free Workplace Testing Programs for schools include the following services:
- Policy and program development consultation and assistance
- Employee education about the policies, procedures and protections included in our Drug-Free Workplace Testing Programs
- Pre-employment, random and reasonable suspicion testing protocols
- Convenient onsite and offsite collections and certified same sex collectors
- SAMHSA certified laboratory affiliations
- State-of-the-art software for random selection, scheduling and results reporting on a quarterly and annual basis
- Secure, web-based system that provides online review of test results by the Medical Review Officer, client and other authorized users in a timely manner
- Medical Review Officers to ensure the accuracy and defensibility of all test results.
- Quality Control Program that encompasses the highest level of on-going training, management and continued development of procedures to ensure maximum efficiency and compliance as mandated by Federal Guidelines and our clients